Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Minnesota Gold

   In the book "To Waltz with a White Horse" I talk about how Sarge goes on a trip looking for a gold mine his father left him. But in reality, he didn't have to paddle very far. 
   Here in Northern Minnesota, there's gold, and lots of it. I know of a couple guys who combine their love of camping with their search for gold. They go into the Boundary Waters each summer and pan for gold. While it may not be the richest of  finds, they get enough to make it worth their time.   
   As a kid, I remember finding gold but never had any idea of how to separate it from the mud and sand that it came with. So today I sit here thinking of whether or not there's enough gold to make it worthwhile. Heck, I might just be rich next year..... or maybe not. You see, it's the dreaming that makes life worthwhile.   
   You can find the EBook Kindle edition of this book, "To Waltz with a White Horse" at  Amazon.com and at www.peaceriverbooks.comThe Peace River Books blog is updated each day. 
   Stop in once in a while. I'll try to write something new and informative about my book To Waltz with a White Horse.
Good Reading,
Ron
Cover design and formatting by COVERSAREUS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment